If you long to make money and love animals, here are some good ways to earn some extra green. These ways can be used by adults, but are more for children.
1 Evaluate yourself by asking yourself these questions:
- How much time do I have?
- What am I saving up for? (if anything)
- Can I control the animal(s)?
- Will the owners trust me?
2 Decide what it is that you would like to do. Here are some examples:
* Dog walker
* Animal sitter
* Dog washer
* Putting up stands with personalized animal supplies (i.e. collars, leashes, food bowls)
3 Get the word out. You can do this by word of mouth, by hanging flyers,
or by giving people business cards.
When You Get the Job
1 Arrive on time. If you are supposed to walk Fido at noon, don't wait until 12:30 watching TV. Get off the couch and go do your job!
2 Do everything you're supposed to do, and don't take shortcuts. If the owner of the tells you to walk Rufus around the neighborhood, don't just take him out on the front lawn to pee.
३ Try to do extra.
- Ask if there are any tricks the owner would like the dog to learn.
- Give special discount coupons on the next purchase or service.
- Make a special treats for the animal, given permission by the owner
4 Believe in yourself! If your big sister says "Oh, nobody will want you to look after their pet, it's a stupid idea",just ignore her. She's probably just jealous that you're making money and she's not.
५ Most importantly, have fun! You're doing this because you want to, not because somebody forced you to, so enjoy yourself!
- You don't only have to do the things that were listed, be creative!
- You can walk more than one dog at a time, but make sure it is okay with the owners.
- Don't forget to bring bags for doggie messes
- You don't have to take the job if something makes you uncomfortable.
- If you can't control the animal, find help. Talk to the owners when they get back.
Things You'll Need
- Doggie bags
- Pet supplies
- A love for animals
- The abililty to control an animal
- The ability to not gag when you pick up a dog's mess or clean a litter box!